Town of Peshtigo Sign Permit Application
Ref: Sec 48-12 Town Ordinances: No sign shall hereafter be located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted or structurally altered without first obtaining a sign permit and conforming with the provisions of the zoning chapter, except those exempt under section 48-12. below: CHECK below to check if you need a permit.
NO SIGN SHALL BE INSTALLED WHERE IT WILL BLOCK VISION OF DRIVERS.
Corner lots require maintaining a vision triangle. Visual clearance at intersections. In each quadrant of every road intersection, there shall be designated a visual clearance triangle bounded by the road centerline and a line connecting them 300 feet from a "Class A" (state and federal numbered) highway intersection, 200 from a "Class B" (county trunk) highway intersection and 150 feet from a "Class C" (town) road intersection. If two highways of a different class intersect, the largest distance shall apply to both centerlines. Within this triangle, no object over 2½ feet in height above the roads shall be allowed if it obstructs the view across the triangle. Posts or open fences are excluded from this provision.
Sec. 48-4. - SIGNS THAT DO NOT NEED A PERMIT
(1)Any public notice or warning required by a valid and applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation or ordinance.
(2)Any sign inside a building, not attached to a window or door, that is not legible from a distance of more than three feet beyond the lot line of the lot or parcel on which such sign is located.
(3)Works of art that do not include a commercial message must be pre-approved by the plan commission.
(4)Holiday lights and decorations with no commercial message.
(5)Traffic control signs on private property, such as "Stop", "Yield", and similar signs, the face of which meet state department of transportation standards and which contain no commercial message of any sort.
SIGNS ALLOWED WITHOUT PERMIT BUT ARE SUBJECT TO FOLLOWING REGULATIONS
(1)Real estate signs not to exceed six square feet in area which advertise the sale, rental or lease of the premises upon which said signs are temporarily located. The term "temporary" is defined as no more than 30 days beyond closing.
(2)Home occupation and professional home office signs not to exceed two square feet in area.
(3) Election campaign signs, provided that permission shall be obtained from the property owner, renter or lessee and provided that such sign shall not be erected prior to the first day of the election campaign period as defined in Wis. Stats. § 12.04 and shall be removed within four days following the election.
(4) Rummage sale and garage sale signs.
(5) Memorial signs, tablets, names of buildings and date of erection when cut into any masonry surface or when constructed of metal and affixed flat against a structure.
(6 )Official signs, such as traffic control, parking restrictions, information and notices
.(7) One sign advertising products or services available on the premises, provided that each side of the sign area shall not exceed 16 square feet and no lighting of any such sign shall be permitted without a variance.
(8) Temporary development signs for the purpose of designating a new building or development or for the promotion of a subdivision may be permitted for a limited period of time, provided that the sign shall not exceed 32 square feet in area, shall have a minimum ten feet side yard, and shall not be located in a road right-of-way. The plan commission shall specify the period of time the sign may remain based on the size of the development, allowing a reasonable time to market the development.
APPLICATION COVER FORM TO APPLY FOR SIGN PERMITS
Property where sign will be located: _______________________________________________________________
Business name if sign is for a business: _____________________________________________________________
Sign owner: ____________________________________________________ Zoning _____________________
Contact information for owner: Phone: _________________ email _____________________________________
Sign Installer ___________________________________________________
Contact information for installer: Phone: _________________ email _____________________________________
Sign category: [Chick here for category descriptions] ____Off premises & billboard ____ Portable sign
____ Ground sign ____ Business sign mounted on building _____ Business sign installed free standing on business site.
Please provide the following:
1. A description of sign design and what will be written on sign.
2. A plot sketch showing sign location in relation to nearest existing buildings and indicate setback data. Does not need to be to scale.
3. General statement of how sign will be constructed. Does not require professional engineered data unless proposal has some potentially questionable use of materials or installation stability that might endanger the public.
Include check forPermit Fee $ 25 plus one dollar a square foot of sign area. Check to Tom Smith Inspections LLC
Do you want permit approval returned by a PDF by email ____________________________________________
Where do you want permit approval notice sent if by mail. ____________________________________________